If UK Trans Info hosts your website, you must abide by our Terms of Service. The majority of this policy is set by our own hosts, and as such we cannot allow any exceptions or change the policy. Violation of the Terms of Service in part or whole may result in suspension or partial suspension of the service or in cases of a severe or repeat violation termination of the service.
- All websites hosted through out service must be trans and/or non-binary specific.
- Websites must be run for a non-profit group or organisation that works primarily on trans and/or non-binary specific work.
- Organisations with a wider remit (including LGBT organisations) will only be allowed hosting if it is solely for a trans and/or non-binary specific project. Trans and/or non-binary specific, non-profit projects run by other organisations (such as staff networks or student union societies) may be allowed at our sole discretion.
We do not allow any of the following to be hosted:
- Dating and Meetup Sites - Includes all dating sites and other sites aimed at letting people meet other people for any purpose including friendship.
- Illegal Material - Includes transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property rights used without proper authorization or material that violates export control laws.
- Adult Material - Includes all pornography, erotic images, or otherwise lewd or obscene content. The designation of "adult material" is left entirely to the discretion of our web hosts.
- Warez - Includes pirated software, ROMS, emulators, phreaking, hacking, password cracking, IP spoofing, and encrypted or password protected versions of any of the above. Also includes any sites which provide "links to" or "how to" information about such material.
- Vulnerable Scripts - Includes scripts (inclusive of all extensions, add-ons or plug-ins) with known security vulnerabilities. E.g. -- An outdated Joomla or Drupal install. Customer must keep all scripts hosted under their account up-to-date and properly secured.
- Other Material - Includes material that is obscene, indecent, defamatory, or constitutes an illegal threat. Also includes material our web hosts feel to be abusive or could affect the operation of the service or affect other users of the Internet.
Prohibited Resource Use
Users may not:
- Run any process that requires more than 128MB of memory space or uses more than 30 CPU seconds.
- Consume more than an average of 2% of overall server resources over a 24 hour period. E.g. -- Consuming more than 30 minutes of CPU time would exceed 2% CPU usage over a 24 hour period.
- Run any type of interactive chat software that requires server resources. Remotely-hosted services are allowed.
- Run background processes at any point in time on the server.
- Run any cron jobs or scheduled tasks more than once per five (5) minute period.
- Run any software that interacts with an Internet Relay Chat (IRC) network.
- Run any type of security, port or vulnerability scan or conduct load or benchmark testing either directly or indirectly.
- Run any process which interacts with the MySQL database service using persistent connections.
Zero Tolerance Spam Policy
Our web host takes a zero tolerance stance against the sending of unsolicited email. Users may not send unsolicited email which is email that is sent to recipients who have not opted-in to mailings from the user.
Users who send mass mailings must maintain complete and accurate records of all consents and opt-ins and provide such records to our web host upon request. If a user cannot provide positive and verifiable proof of such consents and opt-ins, they will consider the mass mailing to be unsolicited. Users are prohibited from operating mailing lists that do not target an audience that has voluntarily signed up for email information using an opt-in process.
Any mailing list must also allow any party on the list to remove itself automatically and permanently and be operated in accordance with any applicable law or regulation.
No account may send in excess of two hundred (200) emails per one (1) hour or one thousand (1000) emails per twenty-four (24) hours without prior permission from UK Trans Info.
No account may send in excess of six hundred (600) emails per one (1) hour or five thousand (5000) emails per twenty-four (24) hours under any circumstances.
Users are allocated a monthly data transfer allowance of 20GB. Should an account exceed the allocated amount we reserve the right to suspend the service until the start of the next month, suspend the service until more data transfer is purchased at an additional fee or suspend the service permanently.
We intend for this service to run indefinitely, but we cannot guarantee it. If we have to close the service we will try to give you as much notice as possible.
You and any person that has access to your account need to evaluate, and bear the risk associated with, the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any content. UK Trans Info reserves the right to remove content that is deemed in UK Trans Info's sole discretion harmful, offensive, or otherwise in violation of the Rules or any rules or policies UK Trans Info has in place at the time.
THE UK TRANS INFO SERVICE IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" WITH NO WARRANTY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, UK TRANS INFO DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IF YOU RELY ON ANY INFORMATION OR CONTENT ON THE SERVICE, YOU DO SO SOLELY AT YOUR OWN RISK.
UK Trans Info will not be responsible for any of its services. We have the right to cancel our service at any time, and we will not be responsible for any files that are lost and/or corrupted (which may occur including, for example, from a system crash, security breach, or hard disk failure).
By signing up with UK Trans Info, your email is automatically added to our mailing list. UK Trans Info reserves the right to send you one newsletter every week and occasional other emails. You may refuse emails which you receive from UK Trans Info by visiting the unsubscribe link at the end of the email message.