UK Trans Info is a national charity focused on improving the lives of trans and non-binary people in the UK.
Our main aims are to:
- Bring together resources from around the UK making them easily accessible to all through one website.
- Endeavour to add new resources as they become available and to publicise them through social media.
- Recognise and attempt to close gaps in the resources that are currently available.
- Give trans and non-binary people in the UK a voice by campaigning for our rights.
- Work with and educate individuals and organisations to ensure the needs of trans and non-binary people are taken into account.
- Promote transparency, clarity and openness within public sector organisations.
- Signpost those in need to the resources they require and in some cases contacting organisations or individuals on their behalf.
- Promote action and awareness of relevant surveys, conventions, consultations and research projects.
- Engage and collaborate with other trans and non-binary organisations to pool resources, strengthen our collective voice and reduce duplication of work.
We try to keep updated with the latest information and resources from around the UK. If there is a new resource that we don't have, an older resource you would like adding, or a topic you need extra resources on then please get in touch and we will try our best to meet your needs.
Guide to UK Legal Gender Recognition
UK Trans Info, with support and funding from Scottish Transgender Alliance, has produced a comprehensive guide to obtaining legal gender recognition in the UK. More details...
Current Waiting Times & Patient Population For Gender Identity Services in the UK
One of UK Trans Info's main aims is to promote transparency, clarity and openness within public sector organisations. As such we have sent a series of requests under the Freedom of Information Act to all NHS and HSCNI organisations which contain an adult Gender Identity Clinic (GIC). The purpose of these requests was to find out more about the waiting lists for accessing gender identity services in the UK and also to find out more about the current patient population. These requests are currently being sent on a quarterly basis. More details...
Name Change Guide
There are a lot of misconceptions about how a person can change their name, yet in fact is is quick, easy and free. We have made a detailed guide on how to change your name and title. More details...
Web Hosting Scheme
UK Trans Info believe that all trans and non-binary groups, organisations and charities should be able to have a website, but we recognise that the costs involved can be prohibitive. For this reason we run a new web hosting service specifically for trans and non-binary groups, organisations and charities. This service is either free or very low cost, depending on your circumstances and requirements. More details...
In the run up to the 2015 General Election, we asked all Candidates to make our Non-binary Pledge. The campaign was a huge success, and over 20% of candidates made our pledge. More details...